We are looking for the ultimate second in command to join our young and expanding real estate technology and consultancy firm.
If you are the type of person that wants to:
1) learn the retail real estate industry from the ground up;
2) leverage your creativity and design skills to solve common industry challenges;
3) organize and take projects from concept to implementation (or abandonment if appropriate);
4) take initiative and have a voice;
5) help a small firm grow and become an influential company;
then this is the position custom made for you and we need to talk.
Responsibilities would include, but certainly not be limited to:
A) Project management for the production and deployment of our custom digital tools
B) Acting as primary client contact for those who have purchased our services
C) Creating and meeting deadlines for the production of tools
D) Training customers on how to use our tools
E) Supporting principal to produce client deliverables including reports, exhibits, lease abstracts, lease plans, and digital tracking systems
F) Providing design input and review for retail Tenant store facade, signage and interior design
G) Reviewing base building and retail tenant drawings for conformance with Landlord design criteria
H) Assisting with corporate administration including tracking systems for employee related production, contact management, digital marketing, presentation support for CEO, and anything else that we create.
We make tools and provide services to help others become better artists at their craft.
Our clients choose us because we are innovative, responsive, personal and accessible. We make their jobs and lives easier by solving common problems that currently bog them down and detract from their core value at their organization. We make their jobs and lives easier and more fun.
You will get to work on numerous commercial and mixed-use retail projects across North America based out of our Chicago locale. From small boutique single Tenant projects to the largest regional shopping center Owners, we assist our clients by providing technology tools and consultancy services that accelerate and support the development, leasing, design, tenant delivery and construction for retail projects.
Our corporate structure is simple and their are no corporate politics to navigate (regrettably there is also no softball league or fantasy football league either – yet). We expect our team to be able to work independently and remotely (home, road, airport, Starbuck’s) to start and complete tasks as required. We have, but often times do not use our Bucktown/Wicker Park office as clients and projects require travel to their sites or offices.
Growth potential is unlimited and we are looking for the right candidate to help us expand to not only meet but create our next opportunities.
Please place the following into the subject line of your response: “work.shop – I am the one” then your First & Last name.
Additionally, any graphics, portfolio, web/blog design or posts. Show us your skills!
Qualifications / Skills:
We value, celebrate and require the following personal attributes:
1) Initiative – we set the direction
2) Collaboration – we can’t do it alone
3) Integrity – we must never compromise quality
4) Honesty – we have no greater value
5) Responsibility – we lead by example
6) Accomplishment – we are expected to get it done
Without the natural talents above, success in this position will be impossible.
Candidates must have the following skills:
1) Fluency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
2) Fluency with digital image manipulation (resizing, cutting, cropping)
3) Fluency with Adobe CS (Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop)
4) Proficiency with all web browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
5) Proficiency with social media platforms (twitter, linkedin)
6) Familiarity with WordPress
7) Familiarity with Prezi
8) Familiarity with MailChimp
9) Familiarity with Google Hangouts / Skype / FaceTime
Ideal, but not essential:
4) Fluency in Spanish
Negotiable, but in all candor, what we cannot afford in financial compensation (today), we can more than make up for in opportunity, experience, flexibility and lifestyle. You will be part of that solution.
Please reach out directly to Michael via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your qualifications and why you think that you are the one to help us get to the next level. Cheers!